Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mumbai, Goa and the Caves of Aurangabad, India...

I just traveled to Mumbai, Aurangabad and Goa. Having been to India and seeing the "Golden Triangle", (Agra, New Delhi and Jaipur) back in 2009 I knew what to expect from India...but I was still surprised at what I saw.
Mumbai was probably the busiest place I have ever been. Traffic and people everywhere, dogs on the streets, horns blowing-reminded me of NY in the 70's but way more crowded. The trains in the morning were unbelievable with the amount of people getting on and getting off of the trains.


MUMBAI PHOTOS...

I flew to Aurangabad for a day to see the Caves of Ajanta and Ellora, totally worth the day trip. The local airlines were so easy to deal with and the Mumbai airport was more crowded at 5:30 AM than JFK at it's peak! If you get to Mumbai you should try and take the hour flight to see the caves, they were incredible.


AJANTA AND ELLORA CAVE PHOTOS...

Goa was so so hot but it was supposed to be, 3 showers a day just isn't enough. It was much larger an area than I expected. North to South Goa takes lots of driving or buses to get there. Old Goa and the churches were nice. It is a huge destination for Russian tourists too which I was unaware of. All of the signs are in Russian and English. 


GOA PHOTOS

PS-here are photos of the "Mini Taj Mahal" in Aurangabad...

Bibi Ka Maqbara 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjsnyc/sets/72157633100861114/






No comments:

Post a Comment